Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Book: DBA for Dummies

I just checked Amazon.com now and they do not have a book on DBA for Dummies. This was not surprising to me as I know that there are only a handful of DBAs out there specifically for MySQL.

And what topics would be covered in this book? Replication, backups, security, etc... But all of these topics can be found in other MySQL books. So, why would someone write a book for DBA for Dummies? Because it would contain advance topics or a in-depth details on the topics just mentioned. For example, how do you do circular replication? Or how do you manage 25 databases?

7 comments:

Pebbles said...

I’m impressed. Very informative and trustworthy blog does exactly what it sets out to do. I’ll bookmark your weblog for future use.

Pebbles
www.joeydavila.net

Lee Shin said...

spot on with this write-up, i like the way you discuss the things. i'm impressed, i must say. i'll probably be back again to read more. thanks for sharing this with us.

Lee Shin
www.trendone.net

sarah lee said...

I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


edupdf.org

Leslie Lim said...

I love this post, and I was absolutely thrilled to see the other links that you published that go along with this topic. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I am happy to be a new follower. :)

Count
www.imarksweb.org

joy said...

Life is like a battle, if you don't know how to defense yourself then you'll end up being a loser. So better take any challenges as your stepping stone to become a better person. Have fun, explore and make a lot of memories.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net

lee woo said...

Love it! Very interesting topics, I hope the incoming comments and suggestion are equally positive. Thank you for sharing this information that is actually helpful.


ufgop.org
ufgop.org

andrea chiu said...

Thanks for sharing your article and for giving us the chance to read it. It is very helpful and encouraging. Visit my site too.

triciajoy.com

www.triciajoy.com